- They are a medically researched species of fish in Turkey known for their healing properties.
- Release enzymatic secretions (Dithranol) which is a component of dermatological creams, effective for skin to regenerate faster.
- Nibble away dead skin cells by sucking (they have no teeth) on the skin which is similar to exfoliation but in a natural way.
- Garra Rufa Fish have an average life-span of 6-7 years and can grow up to a maximum of 7cm.
- Stimulate acupuncture points improving circulation and providing a feeling of well being.
- Assist in temporary treatment of skin conditions such as psoriasis & eczema.
FISH SPA TREATMENTS
CHILDRENS TREATMENTS (UNDER 8)
Garra Rufa Fish
Originally from southern Turkey and northern Syria, for centuries Doctor Fish™ have been known for softening and cleansing the skin of people who bathed in hot springs where the fish darted about.
As the legend goes, the healing powers of the fish were discovered in modern times by a shepherd and his flock in Turkey in 1917. Apparently he stumbled into marshy ground with an injured foot and found the open wound besieged by these little fish. The wound healed and eventually word got out to the outside world about these efficacious little fish.
"I have suffered with Psoriasis for many years and used cream after cream, I now regularly use Fish Feet as a complimentary treatment and am still amazed at the results even after having it done quite a few times." Neil Forster, Sheffield
"What a brilliant idea and what a brilliant shop, I loved it and will definitely be back on a regular basis as I want to try reflexology as well as another Fish Feet Spa treatment again." Lauren Bradley, Chesterfield